Pizza is a staple in our house! We’ve talked about this before, it’s no secret that we all love our Pizza. Now combine in the breakfast element and this breakfast pizza is a complete level up!
This recipe is very easy to make and can be prepped ahead of time. It’s guaranteed to be a huge hit in your house. Did we mention that its perfect recipe for those busy mornings when you are looking for something a bit more savoury!
If you’ve seen the Captured In Squares NYE Shoot, you’ll see this pizza is actually extremely versatile! Breakfast for dinner? Why not! Brunch for a midnight snack? Why not!
Bacon & Eggs Breakfast Pizza
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small new potatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup diced red bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons minced thyme
- 3 rashers cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup part skim shredded mozzarella
- 3 large eggs, cracked into individual ramekins
- 1 (8 ounce) store bought flatbread crust, room temperature or you can make your own!
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnish with green onions
- coarse cornmeal for dusting if you make your own dough!
This easy breakfast pizza recipe will change how you eat breakfast and pizza!
1. Preheat oven to 425˚F.
2. Pour oil into a skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Next, add bell peppers and continue to sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add thyme and season with salt and pepper. Once potatoes are fork tender remove from heat and set aside to allow mixture to cool.
4. Sprinkle 2/3 cup of cheese over pre-made flatbread and top with potato mixture and chopped bacon. Top with remaining cheese.
5. Carefully make 3 wells on the top of the pizza and pour a cracked egg into each well. Lightly season with salt and pepper and transfer pizza to the oven.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is golden brown, cheese is bubbling and eggs are cooked with a runny yolk.
7. Slice and serve.
PIN IT FOR LATER!