According to LiveStrong.com if you miss breakfast, it can cause you to lose energy, increase hunger, cause a drop in your metabolism and actually cause you to gain weight! Being too busy to eat doesn’t seem like such a good idea anymore now does it? No, this post isn’t sponsored, I just thought that was interesting info! And who really, who doesn’t love French Toast? You’re gonna love these french toast roll ups!
Love French Toast? There Are Far Too Many Disadvantages To A Miss Breakfast! Try this French Toast Roll-up Recipe!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 8 slices soft white bread crusts cut off
- 3 tablespoons butter for saute pan
- maple syrup for serving
- In a small bowl, melt 3 tablespoons butter. With a fork, stir in 3 tbsp granulated sugar, 2 tbsp brown sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon until a smooth spreadable mixture form. Set off to the side
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Set off to the side.
- In a different small bowl, stir together 2 tbsp granulated sugar with 2 tsp cinnamon. Set off to the side.
- After trimming off crusts from each slice of bread, use a rolling pin to roll one slice out to about ⅛-inch thickness with a rolling pin. Spread each slice with a layer of the butter, sugar, cinnamon mixture and roll tightly. Repeat until all 8 roll-ups are formed.
- Put 3 tablespoons butter in a large non-stick frying pan and melt over medium heat. Dip one roll in the egg mixture at a time and then place in the frying pan. Allow roll-ups to fry for 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown and slightly crisp on the outside. Remove to a cutting board and sprinkle each roll-up generously with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup.
Prep time 15 mins| Cook time 8 mins| Total time 23 mins
Did you miss breakfast again? Try these French Toast Roll Up’s! Your family will thank you!
Don’t have a sweet tooth in the morning? Try out Healthy Breakfast Pizza Recipe
Need a lunch ideas? Try this Easy Quinoa Dish for Busy Moms
Pin It For Later