Have You Ever Tried Fresh Raspberry Cookies?
Did you even know Double Chocolate Chip Raspberry Cookies were a real thing?
Ok, Y’all are going to think I’m weird and honestly, I wouldn’t blame you if you did….I have a berry phobia! Let me explain! Berries are a mystery, you never really know what it’s going to taste like. It could look, feel and smell ripe but it somehow it always ends up being sour or squishy or something. There are no guarantees! Banana’s you pretty much know exactly what you’re getting! I want to like berries honestly I do. I have far too many raspberries and not enough mouths or freezer room to hold of them all. Introduce raspberry cookies here!
Most of the time you see raspberry cookies in cookies in jam form in the middle of like a shortbread or something like that!
You don’t really see Raspberry cookies! So I pulled out my favourite Double Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and thought how can I make this better? Duh.. add raspberries! Who doesn’t like berries and chocolate?
So I’m going to skip all the blabber of attempting to hit the required 300-word goal for SEO purposes and just post the recipe now! I’ll keep it short and let the photos do the talking!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper for a little kick!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, sea salt, cayenne pepper, and cocoa.
3. In a separate large bowl, using your mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth! Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until combined
4. Gradually add flour mixture and beat until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and frozen raspberries. Try not to smash the raspberries (Goodluck). Scoop dough into rounded tablespoons and place on lined baking sheet. Cover any exposed raspberries with cookie dough as the raspberries may squish out a bit!
5. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are set, but still soft in the center. It is very important not to overbake. I removed mine out at 10 minutes exactly! Let sit on baking sheet for 3 minutes. Allow them to cool completely before eating!
Pro-Tip If the cookie dough balls are starting to get soft and juicy from the raspberries, just place them in the freezer for 5 minutes before you bake them.
Want to try another amazing cookie recipe?
Something a bit more savory? Try our Maple Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
What about something Peachy? Soft & Dangerous Peach Cookies
Or How about something Christmasy? The most amazing Mocha Brownie Cookies
Makes approximately 18 COOKIES| Prep time: 15 MINUTES| Cook time: 10-12 MINUTES
Well you’re welcome! These raspberry cookies freeze beautifully and taste phenomenal. Is there such thing as Raspberry cookies? Well, there is now and I don’t hate it!
Pin This for Later!