Quick Zucchini Chips? Yes Please!
My culinary adventures have greatly changed in the last few months. Growing up prairies there were definitely veggies that we ate on repeat: ie: zucchini in everything! My mom who learned to cook from her mom, didn’t try new things with veggies and the boiled veggies just never sat well with me! Enter in Zucchini Chips; a fun healthy alternative to old boring veggies!
I’ve always been turned off by texture and I never loved the soggy Zucchini in pasta and it was a weird texture in cookies but breaded and fried = MAGIC!
This was a welcome appetizer for both the kids and myself. The kids dipped the Zucchini Chips in ranch dressing and my husband and I went with a garlic aioli. Like many other veggies, I was left kicking myself! Why didn’t I re-try them again sooner? With Pinterest containing hundreds of Zucchini Chip recipes, I’ve made Zucchini a regular part of our weekly menu planning!
Your kids will love this quick & easy breaded zucchini chips
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Panko
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Zucchini thinly sliced to 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Panko breadcrumbs and fresh Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- Working in small batches, dredge zucchini rounds in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in Panko mixture, pressing to coat.
- Add zucchini rounds to the skillet, 4 or 5 at a time, and increase temperature to medium-high. Cook until evenly golden brown and crispy, just over 1 minute on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve Zucchini Chips immediately or they will get a bit soggy but still edible!
Serve them up this during your holiday entertaining! They’re quick, easy and fun! A guaranteed hit for all ages! Want to try another Zucchini recipe? Our friend Our Happy Place Blog has an amazing Roast Zucchini Crust Pizza
Need another appie recipe during the holidays? Try our Apple Pork Bites
PIN IT FOR LATER